Feb. 13, 2014 ~ Feb. 20, 2014 : Red Velvet Cupcakes and Cream Cheese Frosting, Cinnamon Swirls, and Apple Pie Muffins.
My Task : Grab ingredients, Line with baking Liners, peel and dice apple, prepare topping, spoon batter into muffin liners, add topping. Clean up – Dish Drier (Grab dishcloths, dry the rinsed dishes, put back equipment at the right places )
Apple Pie Muffins
250 mL Flour
3 mL Baking soda
1 mL Salt
100 mL Milk
50 mL Oil
3 mL Vanilla
150 mL Brown sugar
1 Medium Apple (diced and peeled)
25 mL Brown Sugar
25 mL Flour
2 mL Cinnamon
15 mL Soft Margarine
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F and prepare the muffin tin with baking liners
2. Peel and dice apple. Be sure to remove the core
3. Prepare topping in a small bowl by adding all ingredients and mixing until it resembles a crumb.
4. Add approximately 5 of topping to each mL muffin before they are baked.
1. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a medium bowl beat egg, milk, oil, and vanilla.
3. Stir brown sugar into wet ingredients and pour into the well in the dry ingredients.
4. Add apple, and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
5. With 2 spoons, fill muffin liners 2/3 full. Wipe any spilled batter from the muffin tin.
6. Person#1 add topping to each muffin.
7. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
My Opinion of the Lab:
The overall lab was great, and I learned how to dice an apple. The muffin was not too sweet and was delicious. The topping made an outer crusty layer which was very enjoyable. My family enjoyed it as well.
How could you use this recipe at home?
At home, I would use this recipe to treat my family and friends, to make for breakfast, and if there are too many apples in the house.
When would you eat it?
I would eat it for breakfast, or when I am craving for a sweet dessert
Who would you serve it to?
I would serve it to my family and friends and myself.
How could you alter the recipe to make it healthier?
I could use less brown sugar, and use half whole wheat flour and half all-purpose flour
How could you alter the recipe to make it cheaper?
I could use less margarine and use cheap apples.
Nutritional Info of Ingredients :
Other Interesting Links :