Feb. 26, 2014 ~ Mar. 4, 2014 : Pizza, Fresh Pasta with Tomato Sauce, Belgian Waffles, Quiche Lorraine
My Task : Grab ingredients, Added the egg mixture into the flour mixture, divided dough into 4 pieces, and flattened and rolled my piece of the dough through pasta machine. Clean up – Dish dish drier (Take out dish rack, dry dishes, wipe counter)
Fresh pasta with Tomato Sauce
Fresh Pasta Sheets
375 mL Flour
30 mL Water
Special Equipment: A Pasta Machine
1. Mound flour, and make a well in the centre.
2. Add Eggs, salt and 30 mL Water to the well.
3. With a fork, gently breat eggs and water until combined.
4. Gradually add flour to form a paste.
5. Knead remaning flour into mixture.
6. Add remaining water drop by drop if dough is too dry.
7. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, 3-5 minutes.
Rolling the Pasta
1. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Flatten each piece into a rectangle and cover with an inverted bowl.
2. Set rollers of pasta to widest setting.
3. Lightly dust 1 rectangle with flour and feed through rollers.
4. Fold rectangle in thirds and feed it, through rollers 7 or 8 more times, folding it in thirds each time.
5. Turn dial to next setting (narrower) and feed through roller without folding.
6. Continue to roll once at each setting until you reach #3 setting.
7. Cut dough in half crosswise.
8. Attach cutting adapter.
9. Insert pasta sheets through linguine setting.
10 mL Oil
2 Cloves garlic, minced
2 mL each dried oregano and basil
250 mL Diced tomato
2 mL Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Saute onion, garlic, oregano, basil and oil until onions are translucent.
2. Add tomato sauce with sugar.
3. Simmer uncovereed for about 10 minutes or until desired thickness.
4. Add salt and pepper.
My Opinion of the Lab:
The overall lab was awesome, and it was my first time using a pasta machine. We made the noodles thinner than the recipe and they were perfect. The tomato sauce and parmesan cheese went well together. It made me want to own a pasta machine at home.
How could you use this recipe at home?
At home, I would use this recipe for lunch for my family and myself.
When would you eat it?
I would eat it for lunch.
Who would you serve it to?
I would serve it to my family, friends and myself.
How could you alter the recipe to make it healthier?
I could use half whole wheat flour and half all-purpose flour, and not sprinkle parmesan cheese at the end.
How could you alter the recipe to make it cheaper?
I could roll out the pasta by hand and cut it with a knife instead of buying a pasta machine.
Nutritional Info of Ingredients :
Other Interesting Links :