Feb. 26, 2014 ~ Mar. 4, 2014 : Pizza, Fresh Pasta with Tomato Sauce, Belgian Waffles, Quiche Lorraine
My Task : Grab ingredients, cut in shortening with a pastry blender, sprinkle cold water over dough, form dough into a ball, chop up bacon, roll out dough and place rolled out dough onto pie pan, even out dough and sprinkle cheese and bacon. – Dish washer (Get dish soap, Wash and rinse dishes)
250 mL Flour
3 mL Salt
80 mL Margarine
30-40 mL Water
2 Slices of bacon
50 mL Grated Cheddar
50 mL Swiss cheese
75 mL Milk or Half and Half
2 mL Salt
1 mL Paprika
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Cook bacon until it reaches desired doneness
3. Sift flour and salt together
4. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until it resembles small crumbs.
5. Sprinkle cold water over dough and mix in with a fork to get a pastry dough.
6. Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, place in freezer for 5 mins.
7. Grate cheese.
8. Beat eggs with 75 mL Milk.
9. Chop up bacon.
10. Lightly flour surface and roll out dough.
11. Place rolled out dough onto pie pan.
12. Prick pie with a fork.
13. Put bacon on bottom and sprinkle cheese evenly, pour egg mixture on top of bacon and cheese.
14. Place in oven for 20~25 minutes.
My Opinion of the Lab:
The overall lab was good. They had delicious crusts and the bacon, cheese and eggs went very well together. It was a bit salty, so next time I would leave out the salt.
How could you use this recipe at home?
At home, I would use this recipe for a breakfast, lunch or dinner with some vegetables for my family and friends.
When would you eat it?
I would eat it for breakfast or lunch.
Who would you serve it to?
I would serve it to my family, friends and myself.
How could you alter the recipe to make it healthier?
I could use less cheese, less bacon, and less salt.
How could you alter the recipe to make it cheaper?
I could use milk instead of half and half, and use less cheese and bacon.
Nutritional Info of Ingredients :
Other Interesting Links :