Mar 11, 2014 ~ Apr 4, 2014 : Potato Gnocchi, Vegetable Stir-Fry, Sweet and Sour Pork and/or Chicken
My Task : Grab Ingredients, wash, peel, and quarter potato, knead dough, shape dough pieces. Clean up – Dish Washer (grab dish soap, soap and rinse all dishes, clean dishwashing area)
1 Potato – peeled, cooked, mashed
125 mL flour
5 mL Margarine
1 Egg, beaten
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Wash, peel and quarter the potato. Cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain thoroughly and mash finely with a masher.
3. Place potato in bowl and add the flour, margarine, egg, and salt and pepper.
4. Knead on a lightly floured surface until the mixture is smooth.
5.With damp hands, shape pieces of the mixture (~10 mL) into small balls and press a thumbprint in the center of each ball.
6. Drop the balls into a saucepan of boiling water. Cook until the gnocchi floats to the top.
7. Lift out of the pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a warm dish.
8. Top with 10mL margarine and stir to coat.
9. Serve with tomato sauce and enjoy!
My Opinion of the Lab:
This lab is awesome because it is quick, easy and delicious. Shaping the little pieces of the gnocchi was fun and they were cooked to the perfect chewiness. They went superb with the parmesan cheese and green onions.
How could you use this recipe at home?
I would use this recipe to make a quick meal or a snack. I would add parmesan cheese and green onions for flavor.
When would you eat it?
I would eat it for lunch or for a quick bite throughout the day.
Who would you serve it to?
I would serve it to my family, friends and myself.
How could you alter the recipe to make it healthier?
I could use half whole wheat flour and half white flour, and use less margarine.
How could you alter the recipe to make it cheaper?
This recipe is pretty cheap, but I could buy in bulk for the flour.
Nutritional Info of Ingredients :
Other Interesting Links :